Cross-Border Labor Mobility, Social Security and Regional Integration
November 19-21, 2014
The Asian Conference on Globalization and Labor Administration: Cross-Border Labor Mobility, Social Security and Regional Integration is collaboratively convened by the Philippine Chapter of the International Society for Labour and Social Security Law, the University of the Philippines School of Labor and Industrial Relations, and the International Labor Organization’s ASEAN Triangle Project.
The Conference intends to highlight the best practices in labor policies and laws in dealing with the challenges and risks brought about by increasing globalization and deepening regional integration. This theme is of critical importance to Asia particularly in the light of strengthened economic partnerships within the ASEAN+6 composed of the 10-member countries of the ASEAN region plus China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand. The establishment of the ASEAN Community 2015 indicates a deepening ASEAN regional integration characterized by free flow of goods, capital, services and skilled labor. ASEAN has free trade agreements with China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand and negotiations are underway towards establishing the ASEAN+6 as a free trade area.
List of Themes:
- Session A: International Social Security Law
- Session B: ASEAN Comparative Labor Laws and Industrial Relations
- Session C: ASEAN Country Reports
- Session D: East Asia Country Reports
- Session E: Portability of Social Security of Migrant Workers
- Session F: Role of Trade Unions in an Integrated ASEAN
- Session G: Labor Mobility and Portability of Skills Qualification