Sarvani Morgan, Labournet; Nic Preston, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr; and Neil Searle, Fasken Martineau are members of the SASLAW Young Legal Scholars society. This team has been active in recruiting student memberships since the beginning of 2014.
Their activities include:
- The creation of a project and marketing plan
- Visits to the Universities of Pretoria and Johannesburg to a student career day and to a 4th year class to promote SASLAW membership
- The creation of a Twitter account – @SASLAW0
- The planning of a student conference in July 2014 at the University of Pretoria
- The committee made a proposal to the SASLAW national committee to attend the Dublin Regional Conference in September. SASLAW will assist with accommodation and registration, and the committee members are to find sponsorship for their own flights
The SASLAW national committee has sent out a call to the Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth chapters to appoint a young scholar/attorney to the national YLS committee.